Fight The Harsh Penalties Of Sex Crime Charges And Convictions
If you have been charged with a sex offense or may soon be accused, this is a critical time in your life when you need one person you can absolutely trust to be on your side. You need an experienced, accomplished criminal defense attorney whose only job will be to get the best possible outcome for you.
Accusations or charges of sex crimes sometimes ruin people’s careers and reputations. Convictions carry penalties such as prison time, large fines, a criminal record and required listing on a sex offender registry. I am attorney Ed Stapleton in Brownsville, and I have been defending people facing sex crime charges in this area for more than 40 years. Guilty or innocent, I will be on your side.
Do Not Delay – Get The Defense That You Need
If you are in trouble because of false or exaggerated accusations – or even legitimate ones that you need to resolve – I am here for you. When I represent you, you can expect the following:
- I will help you understand why it is important not to talk to anyone else about your case.
- I will help you understand the charges you face, their seriousness and the risks ahead.
- I will help you understand the psychological aspects of being charged with a sex crime, such as the tendency to believe that you did something even if you did not when you come under harsh interrogation.
- I will review with you the specifics of your alleged offenses and potential penalties.
- I will conduct an investigation aimed at gaining an understanding of the character and credibility of your accuser(s).
- At all times – both in consultations with you and in the course of my investigation – I will be respectful, truthful and ethical so we can work through this together.
I will leave no stone unturned in search of the most effective evidence and defenses in your favor. Your case may be settled, or defended in a courtroom with a judge and jury. I will be ready to appeal your case if you are convicted at trial or advise you on how to pursue an expungement.
Launch An Aggressive Defense Immediately
“No law was ever made by the people; they are made for the people.” – Clarence Darrow
If you have been charged with sexual assault, an improper relationship between educator and student, solicitation of a minor or internet-based sex crimes involving images, including child pornography, I am here for you.
Schedule a consultation by calling 956-688-9858 or completing an online inquiry form.